Status info regarding COVID-19
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issue the DSM 2021 will prospectively be held as an hybrid conference.
Dependency and Structure Modelling (DSM, also known as Design Structure Matrix) techniques support the management of complexity by focusing attention on the elements of a complex system and how they relate to each other. DSM‐based techniques have proven to be very valuable in understanding, designing, and optimizing complex system architectures such as those of products, organizations, and processes.
The International DSM Conference provides a platform for researchers, practitioners, and developers of DSM‐related tools to exchange experiences, discuss trends, and showcase results and tools. It also acts as a forum for developing new ideas regarding complexity management in all kinds of industries and from many different perspectives. The conference mission is to enhance understanding and managing complex interdenpent relationships within and across product/process/people architectures.
The conference objectives of DSM 2021 are:
- Leverage 23 years DSM body of knowledge with more active industry/academia/government institutions
- Show visible collaboration with other international technical/business
professional societies (i.e. INCOSE, IEEE, PMI, ASME, etc.)
- Require onsite participation of recent regional industry case studies
- Require onsite participation of at least 3 of the 10 DSM Symbiotic
Technology (DST) providers
- Continue evolution and improvements to Industry Sprint Workshops (ISW)
The preliminary deadlines for DSM2021 are:
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||April 26, 2021|
|Notification of Acceptance||June 14, 2021|
|Final Submission Deadline||August 2, 2021|
|Hybrid Conference at Montréal, Canada||October 12-14, 2021|